The Nurse Triage Process
Injury Occurs - The injury is reported to the employer and a workers’ comp claim is filed.
Nurse Intervention - The new claim is immediately escalated to a trained nurse case manager to expedite the processing of claim.
Clinical Evaluation - A thorough medical assessment is completed in alignment with the Official Disability Guidelines, and a recommended action plan is developed.
Four-Point Contact - Nurse facilitates communication with all involved parties to ensure accountability and efficient management of claim.
Benefits of a Nurse Triage Program:
For the Employer
- Advocacy approach to injured worker improves morale & reduces litigation
- Recorded Statements
For the Employee
- Engaged in the recovery and return-to-work process
For the Physician
- More responsive clinician-to-clinician interaction
- Identifies return-to-work barriers
For the Account Executive
- Plan of action identifies strategy for claim
- Controls claim cost