Site Safety Manager (Columbus, OH)
We are currently seeking an experienced site safety manager for a large construction project in the Columbus, Ohio. More project details will become available as the interviewing process begins.
Candidate must be within Columbus, OH area, or willing to relocate for the duration of the job. Compensation will depend on candidates experience, but will range from $35-45/hr paid weekly. No per diem is available for this job.
- Educate project staff and trade partners on EH&S programs, policies and procedures and provide training on safe work practices.
- Review subcontractor safety programs for completeness and compliance with policies, regulation, and owner contractual requirements.
- Promote safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Owner/contractual requirements.
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings with Project Safety Manager.
- Conduct effective worker orientation program for every new employee and administer and record their participation.
- Gather pre-task plans and Job Hazard Analyses for all project contractors based on contractual requirements.
- Conduct safety meetings and issue minutes of meetings as directed by the Project Safety Manager.
- Maintain a log of each subcontractor’s toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Provide safety reports to Project Safety Manager as required.
- Conduct safety audits and recommend corrective action per the site policy and work with Project Safety Manager to issue reports of any violations or unsafe practices to subcontractors for immediate resolution.
- Investigate incidents and direct the elimination of hazardous conditions.Make at least a weekly formal safety tour and submit copy to responsible party for action.
- Evaluate the safety of the project daily.
- 5+ years experience in Construction safety
- Strong electrical/mechanical knowledge
- CHST or CSP preferred
- Act like you own it
- Be passionate
- Do what you say, say what you do
- Play well with others
- Pay it forward